Swami Narayan Temple Hollywood
Swami Narayan is a quite famous Hindu denomination and is widely spread all over the world. The followers of this stream are known for their discipline, dedication, spirit of volunteerism and commitment to a productive life. Known for their architecture and magnificence the Swami Narayan temples draw huge crowds wherever they are located. Let us have a look at some of the most stunning Swami Narayan temple seen all over the world.
- Swami Narayan Mandir in Neasden, north London– Also known as the Neasden temple this one is known for its towering structure. Made of white pinnacles, smooth domes and marble pillars this Swami Narayan temple is a sight worth watching.
- Swami Narayan Mandir Complex in Bartlett, Chicago– Made in just a span of 16 months this Swami Narayan temple is located in Chicago. It is made beautifully and the intricate design and look draws huge crowds.
- Swami Narayan Mandir in Houston– This temple in Houston is supposed to be considered as the first Hindu temple in North America. Made of 5 towering white pinnacles, 12 smooth domes and glittering 136 marble pillars the temple is a masterpiece.
- Swami Narayan Mandir in Atlanta– This Swami Narayan temple located in Atlanta was inaugurated in the year 2007. It took only 17 months for this beautiful creation to be constructed. The mandir was constructed using three types of stones i.e. Turkish Limestone, Italian marble, and Indian pink sandstone. Close to 34000 pieces were carved in India and then shipped to the US and assembled like a puzzle.
- Swami Narayan Mandir complex in Toronto, Canada– Continuing the same tradition this replica of art was created in a span of 18 months. Since Canada has a huge Indian population this Swami Narayan temple was a treat for them.
- Swami Narayan Mandir in Nairobi– This is the first temple of Africa which was constructed according to the ancient Indian style . Nearly 350 tons of yellow jaisalmer sandstone was mined and moved to Pindwada a village situated 400 km from Jaisalmer There the stones were hand carved into various designs by about 150 skilled sculptors over a period of two years. The carved pieces were then shipped from India to Mombasa and assembled in Nairobi.
- Swami Narayan temple Karachi, Pakistan– The Shri Swami Narayan Mandir, Karachi is the only Swami Narayan temple in Pakistan. The temple is notable for its size and frontage, over 32,306 square yards on the M. A. Jinnah Road in Karachi city. The temple celebrated its anniversary of 150 years in April 2004. It is believed that not only Hindus but also adherents of Islam visit the temple, which adds to its notability.
- Swami Narayan temple Hollywood– One of the biggest Hindu temples , it was built at a whopping cost of $100 million. Launched in 2013 it has become a major draw for its grandeur and environment-friendly design. It is said that this Swaminarayan temple has been built using 35,000 pieces of meticulously hand carved Italian Carrara marble and Indian Pink Sandstone. Also the first earthquake resistant temple it encompasses five pinnacles, two large domes, four balconies, 122 pillars and 129 archways.